• Interdicted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Interdict
• Interdict Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To forbid; to prohibit or debar; as, to interdict intercourse with foreign nations.
- (n.) A prohibitory order or decree; a prohibition.
- (n.) A prohibition of the pope, by which the clergy or laymen are restrained from performing, or from attending, divine service, or from administering the offices or enjoying the privileges of the church.
- (n.) An order of the court of session, having the like purpose and effect with a writ of injunction out of chancery in England and America.
- (n.) To lay under an interdict; to cut off from the enjoyment of religious privileges, as a city, a church, an individual.