• Jerked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Jerk
• Jerk Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To throw with a quick and suddenly arrested motion of the hand; as, to jerk a stone.
- (v. t.) To give a quick and suddenly arrested thrust, push, pull, or twist, to; to yerk; as, to jerk one with the elbow; to jerk a coat off.
- (v. t.) To cut into long slices or strips and dry in the sun; as, jerk beef. See Charqui.
- (v. t.) To beat; to strike.
- (n.) A short, sudden pull, thrust, push, twitch, jolt, shake, or similar motion.
- (n.) A sudden start or spring.
- (v. i.) To flout with contempt.
- (v. i.) To make a sudden motion; to move with a start, or by starts.