• Knit Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To form a fabric by interlacing yarn or thread; to weave by making knots or loops.
- (v. t.) To form into a knot, or into knots; to tie together, as cord; to fasten by tying.
- (v. t.) To draw together; to contract into wrinkles.
- (v. i.) To be united closely; to grow together; as, broken bones will in time knit and become sound.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Knit
- (n.) Union knitting; texture.
- (v. t.) To unite closely; to connect; to engage; as, hearts knit together in love.
- (v. t.) To form, as a textile fabric, by the interlacing of yarn or thread in a series of connected loops, by means of needles, either by hand or by machinery; as, to knit stockings.
- (v. t.) To join; to cause to grow together.
• Knits Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) Small particles of ore.
• Knitting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Knit
- (n.) Union formed by knitting, as of bones.
- (n.) The work of a knitter; the network formed by knitting.