• Language Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To communicate by language; to express in language.
- (n.) Any means of conveying or communicating ideas; specifically, human speech; the expression of ideas by the voice; sounds, expressive of thought, articulated by the organs of the throat and mouth.
- (n.) The expression of ideas by writing, or any other instrumentality.
- (n.) The forms of speech, or the methods of expressing ideas, peculiar to a particular nation.
- (n.) The characteristic mode of arranging words, peculiar to an individual speaker or writer; manner of expression; style.
- (n.) The suggestion, by objects, actions, or conditions, of ideas associated therewith; as, the language of flowers.
- (n.) A race, as distinguished by its speech.
- (n.) The vocabulary and phraseology belonging to an art or department of knowledge; as, medical language; the language of chemistry or theology.
- (n.) The inarticulate sounds by which animals inferior to man express their feelings or their wants.
• Languageless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Lacking or wanting language; speechless; silent.