• Leaguing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of League
• League Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To join in a league; to cause to combine for a joint purpose; to combine; to unite; as, common interests will league heterogeneous elements.
- (n.) A stone erected near a public road to mark the distance of a league.
- (n.) An alliance or combination of two or more nations, parties, or persons, for the accomplishment of a purpose which requires a continued course of action, as for mutual defense, or for furtherance of commercial, religious, or political interests, etc.
- (n.) A measure of length or distance, varying in different countries from about 2.4 to 4.6 English statute miles of 5.280 feet each, and used (as a land measure) chiefly on the continent of Europe, and in the Spanish parts of America. The marine league of England and the United States is equal to three marine, or geographical, miles of 6080 feet each.
- (v. i.) To unite in a league or confederacy; to combine for mutual support; to confederate.