• Little Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Small in quantity or amount; not much; as, a little food; a little air or water.
- (a.) Small in force or efficiency; not strong; weak; slight; inconsiderable; as, little attention or exertion;little effort; little care or diligence.
- (n.) That which is little; a small quantity, amount, space, or the like.
- (a.) Short in duration; brief; as, a little sleep.
- (a.) Small in dignity, power, or importance; not great; insignificant; contemptible.
- (adv.) In a small quantity or degree; not much; slightly; somewhat; -- often with a preceding it.
- (n.) A small degree or scale; miniature.
- (a.) Small in extent of views or sympathies; narrow; shallow; contracted; mean; illiberal; ungenerous.
- (a.) Small in size or extent; not big; diminutive; -- opposed to big or large; as, a little body; a little animal; a little piece of ground; a little hill; a little distance; a little child.
• Little-ease Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An old slang name for the pillory, stocks, etc., of a prison.