• Mechanic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having to do with the application of the laws of motion in the art of constructing or making things; of or pertaining to mechanics; mechanical; as, the mechanic arts.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a mechanic or artificer, or to the class of artisans; hence, rude; common; vulgar.
- (a.) The art of the application of the laws of motion or force to construction.
- (a.) A mechanician; an artisan; an artificer; one who practices any mechanic art; one skilled or employed in shaping and uniting materials, as wood, metal, etc., into any kind of structure, machine, or other object, requiring the use of tools, or instruments.
- (a.) Base.
• Mechanically Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a mechanical manner.