• Menacing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Menace
• Menace Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To threaten, as an evil to be inflicted.
- (n.) The show of an intention to inflict evil; a threat or threatening; indication of a probable evil or catastrophe to come.
- (v. i.) To act in threatening manner; to wear a threatening aspect.
- (n.) To express or show an intention to inflict, or to hold out a prospect of inflicting, evil or injury upon; to threaten; -- usually followed by with before the harm threatened; as, to menace a country with war.
• Menacingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a threatening manner.