• Mend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To alter for the better; to set right; to reform; hence, to quicken; as, to mend ones manners or pace.
- (v. t.) To help, to advance, to further; to add to.
- (v. i.) To grow better; to advance to a better state; to become improved.
- (v. t.) To repair, as anything that is torn, broken, defaced, decayed, or the like; to restore from partial decay, injury, or defacement; to patch up; to put in shape or order again; to re-create; as, to mend a garment or a machine.
• Men Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Keelman
- (pl. ) of Man
- (pron.) A man; one; -- used with a verb in the singular, and corresponding to the present indefinite one or they.
- (n.) pl. of Man.
• Mendiant Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Mendinant.
• Mendels law Definition & Synonyms
- () A principle governing the inheritance of many characters in animals and plants, discovered by Gregor J. Mendel (Austrian Augustinian abbot, 1822-84) in breeding experiments with peas. He showed that the height, color, and other characters depend on the presence of determinating factors behaving as units. In any given germ cell each of these is either present or absent.