• Muffler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who muffles.
- (n.) A kind of mitten or boxing glove, esp. when stuffed.
- (n.) Anything used in muffling; esp., a scarf for protecting the head and neck in cold weather; a tippet.
- (n.) A cushion for terminating or softening a note made by a stringed instrument with a keyboard.
- (n.) Any of various devices to deaden the noise of escaping gases or vapors, as a tube filled with obstructions, through which the exhaust gases of an internal-combustion engine, as on an automobile, are passed (called also silencer).