• Pedicel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An outgrowth of the frontal bones, which supports the antlers or horns in deer and allied animals.
- (n.) A slender support of any special organ, as that of a capsule in mosses, an air vesicle in algae, or a sporangium in ferns.
- (n.) A slender stem by which certain of the lower animals or their eggs are attached. See Illust. of Aphis lion.
- (n.) A stalk which supports one flower or fruit, whether solitary or one of many ultimate divisions of a common peduncle. See Peduncle, and Illust. of Flower.
- (n.) The ventral part of each side of the neural arch connecting with the centrum of a vertebra.
• Pediceled Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pedicellate.
• Pedicellate Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a pedicel; supported by a pedicel.