• Peeled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Peel
• Peel Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To strip off the skin, bark, or rind of; to strip by drawing or tearing off the skin, bark, husks, etc.; to flay; to decorticate; as, to peel an orange.
- (v. i.) To lose the skin, bark, or rind; to come off, as the skin, bark, or rind does; -- often used with an adverb; as, the bark peels easily or readily.
- (n.) A small tower, fort, or castle; a keep.
- (v. t.) To plunder; to pillage; to rob.
- (n.) A spadelike implement, variously used, as for removing loaves of bread from a bakers oven; also, a T-shaped implement used by printers and bookbinders for hanging wet sheets of paper on lines or poles to dry. Also, the blade of an oar.
- (n.) The skin or rind; as, the peel of an orange.
- (v. t.) To strip or tear off; to remove by stripping, as the skin of an animal, the bark of a tree, etc.
• Peele Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A graceful and swift South African antelope (Pelea capreola). The hair is woolly, and ash-gray on the back and sides. The horns are black, long, slender, straight, nearly smooth, and very sharp. Called also rheeboc, and rehboc.