• Persuaded Definition & Synonyms
- (p. p. & a.) Prevailed upon; influenced by argument or entreaty; convinced.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Persuade
• Persuade Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Persuasion.
- (v. t.) To influence or gain over by argument, advice, entreaty, expostulation, etc.; to draw or incline to a determination by presenting sufficient motives.
- (v. t.) To convince by argument, or by reasons offered or suggested from reflection, etc.; to cause to believe.
- (v. i.) To use persuasion; to plead; to prevail by persuasion.
- (v. t.) To inculcate by argument or expostulation; to advise; to recommend.
- (v. t.) To try to influence.