• Physic Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A specific internal application for the cure or relief of sickness; a remedy for disease; a medicine.
- (v. t.) To work on as a remedy; to heal; to cure.
- (v. t.) To treat with physic or medicine; to administer medicine to, esp. a cathartic; to operate on as a cathartic; to purge.
- (n.) Specifically, a medicine that purges; a cathartic.
- (n.) The art of healing diseases; the science of medicine; the theory or practice of medicine.
- (n.) A physician.
• Physician Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person skilled in physic, or the art of healing; one duty authorized to prescribe remedies for, and treat, diseases; a doctor of medicine.
- (n.) Hence, figuratively, one who ministers to moral diseases; as, a physician of the soul.
• Physical Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to physic, or the art of medicine; medicinal; curative; healing; also, cathartic; purgative.
- (a.) Perceptible through a bodily or material organization; cognizable by the senses; external; as, the physical, opposed to chemical, characters of a mineral.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to physics, or natural philosophy; treating of, or relating to, the causes and connections of natural phenomena; as, physical science; physical laws.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to nature (as including all created existences); in accordance with the laws of nature; also, of or relating to natural or material things, or to the bodily structure, as opposed to things mental, moral, spiritual, or imaginary; material; natural; as, armies and navies are the physical force of a nation; the body is the physical part of man.