• Poker Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A game at cards derived from brag, and first played about 1835 in the Southwestern United States.
- (n.) One who pokes.
- (n.) That which pokes or is used in poking, especially a metal bar or rod used in stirring a fire of coals.
- (n.) The poachard.
- (n.) Any imagined frightful object, especially one supposed to haunt the darkness; a bugbear.
- (n.) A poking-stick.
• Poker dice Definition & Synonyms
- () A game played with five dice in which the count is usually made, in order, by pairs, two pairs, three of a kind, full houses, four of a kind, and five of a kind (the highest throw), similar to poker; also, the dice used in this game, esp. when marked with the ace, king, queen, jack, ten, and nine instead of the usual digits.