• Preached Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Preach
• Preach Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To teach or instruct by preaching; to inform by preaching.
- (v. i.) To give serious advice on morals or religion; to discourse in the manner of a preacher.
- (v. t.) To advise or recommend earnestly.
- (v. t.) To inculcate in public discourse; to urge with earnestness by public teaching.
- (v. t.) To proclaim by public discourse; to utter in a sermon or a formal religious harangue.
- (v.) A religious discourse.
- (v. t.) To deliver or pronounce; as, to preach a sermon.
- (v. i.) To proclaim or publish tidings; specifically, to proclaim the gospel; to discourse publicly on a religious subject, or from a text of Scripture; to deliver a sermon.