Prefix Meaning in Urdu
Prefix meaning in Urdu is Sabqa lagana (سابقہ لگانا). Similar words of Prefix are also commonly used in daily talk like as Prefixion, Prefixture, and Prefixed. Pronunciation of Prefix in roman Urdu is "Sabqa lagana" and Translation of Prefix in Urdu writing script is سابقہ لگانا.
Prefix Sentence & Examples
- C 1 symbolfor the prefix centi.
- Cyto prefix denoting of or pertaining to cells.
- Deci a prefix meaning one tenth of the base unit.
Similar Words with Urdu Meaning
Prefix Definition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That which is prefixed; esp., one or more letters or syllables combined or united with the beginning of a word to modify its signification; as, pre- in prefix, con- in conjure.
- (v. t.) To put or fix before, or at the beginning of, another thing; as, to prefix a syllable to a word, or a condition to an agreement.
- (v. t.) To set or appoint beforehand; to settle or establish antecedently.
Prefix Urdu Meaning with Definition
Prefix Meaning in English
(n.) A word, letter, or number placed before another.
(v.) Add (something) at the beginning as a prefix or introduction.
Definition of Prefix
A letter or group of letters added to the beginning of a word to make a new word.
A letter or group of letters added to the beginning of a word to change its meaning, such as un- in unhappy and pre- in preheat. (Oxford Advanced American Dictionary)
The word Prefix can also be understood by its synonyms.
The word Prefix has some opposite words too.
Rhyming words for the word Prefix are different in meaning but have the same sound phonetically.
Usage of word Prefix in a sentence
The word Prefix can be used in a sentence in the following way.
• Car insurance policies have the prefix MC.
• Un- is a productive prefix.
• To telephone from the US use the prefix 011 33 before the numbers given here.
• The prefix mono is often dropped.
Top Search Words Meaning In Urdu
Prefix Meaning in Different Languages
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary