• Premium Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A sum of money paid to underwriters for insurance, or for undertaking to indemnify for losses of any kind.
- (n.) A reward or recompense; a prize to be won by being before another, or others, in a competition; reward or prize to be adjudged; a bounty; as, a premium for good behavior or scholarship, for discoveries, etc.
- (n.) A sum in advance of, or in addition to, the nominal or par value of anything; as, gold was at a premium; he sold his stock at a premium.
- (n.) Something offered or given for the loan of money; bonus; -- sometimes synonymous with interest, but generally signifying a sum in addition to the capital.
• Premiums Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Premium