• Primitive Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a former time; old-fashioned; characterized by simplicity; as, a primitive style of dress.
- (a.) Original; primary; radical; not derived; as, primitive verb in grammar.
- (n.) An original or primary word; a word not derived from another; -- opposed to derivative.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the beginning or origin, or to early times; original; primordial; primeval; first; as, primitive innocence; the primitive church.
• Primitiveness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being primitive; conformity to primitive style or practice.