• Punished Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Punish
• Punish Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To deal with roughly or harshly; -- chiefly used with regard to a contest; as, our troops punished the enemy.
- (v. t.) To inflict a penalty for (an offense) upon the offender; to repay, as a fault, crime, etc., with pain or loss; as, to punish murder or treason with death.
- (v. t.) To impose a penalty upon; to afflict with pain, loss, or suffering for a crime or fault, either with or without a view to the offenders amendment; to cause to suffer in retribution; to chasten; as, to punish traitors with death; a father punishes his child for willful disobedience.
- (v. t.) To injure, as by beating; to pommel.