• Pygmies Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Pygmy
• Pygmy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of a race of Central African Negritos found chiefly in the great forests of the equatorial belt. THey are the shortest of known races, the adults ranging from less than four to about five feet in stature. They are timid and shy, dwelling in the recesses of the forests, though often on good terms with neighboring Negroes.
- (a.) Alt. of Pygmean
- (n.) Hence, a short, insignificant person; a dwarf.
- (n.) One of a fabulous race of dwarfs who waged war with the cranes, and were destroyed.