• Retracted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Retract
• Retract Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To take back,, as a grant or favor previously bestowed; to revoke.
- (v. t.) To withdraw; to recall; to disavow; to recant; to take back; as, to retract an accusation or an assertion.
- (v. i.) To take back what has been said; to withdraw a concession or a declaration.
- (v. i.) To draw back; to draw up; as, muscles retract after amputation.
- (v. t.) To draw back; to draw up or shorten; as, the cat can retract its claws; to retract a muscle.
- (n.) The pricking of a horses foot in nailing on a shoe.