• Rubble Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Rough stone as it comes from the quarry; also, a quarrymans term for the upper fragmentary and decomposed portion of a mass of stone; brash.
- (n.) The whole of the bran of wheat before it is sorted into pollard, bran, etc.
- (n.) Water-worn or rough broken stones; broken bricks, etc., used in coarse masonry, or to fill up between the facing courses of walls.
- (n.) A mass or stratum of fragments or rock lying under the alluvium, and derived from the neighboring rock.
• Rubblework Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Masonry constructed of unsquared stones that are irregular in size and shape.