• Rushing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Rush
• Rush Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The merest trifle; a straw.
- (n.) A rusher; as, the center rush, whose place is in the center of the rush line; the end rush.
- (v. t.) To push or urge forward with impetuosity or violence; to hurry forward.
- (n.) Great activity with pressure; as, a rush of business.
- (n.) A name given to many aquatic or marsh-growing endogenous plants with soft, slender stems, as the species of Juncus and Scirpus.
- (v. i.) To move forward with impetuosity, violence, and tumultuous rapidity or haste; as, armies rush to battle; waters rush down a precipice.
- (n.) A perfect recitation.
- (n.) The act of running with the ball.
- (n.) A moving forward with rapidity and force or eagerness; a violent motion or course; as, a rush of troops; a rush of winds; a rush of water.
- (v. t.) To recite (a lesson) or pass (an examination) without an error.
- (v. i.) To enter into something with undue haste and eagerness, or without due deliberation and preparation; as, to rush business or speculation.
• Rushingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a rushing manner.