• Scribed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scribe
• Scribe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To write, engrave, or mark upon; to inscribe.
- (n.) One who writes; a draughtsman; a writer for another; especially, an offical or public writer; an amanuensis or secretary; a notary; a copyist.
- (v. t.) To cut (anything) in such a way as to fit closely to a somewhat irregular surface, as a baseboard to a floor which is out of level, a board to the curves of a molding, or the like; -- so called because the workman marks, or scribe, with the compasses the line that he afterwards cuts.
- (v. i.) To make a mark.
- (v. t.) To score or mark with compasses or a scribing iron.
- (n.) A writer and doctor of the law; one skilled in the law and traditions; one who read and explained the law to the people.