• Skirted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Skirt
• Skirt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To be on the border; to live near the border, or extremity.
- (n.) A loose edging to any part of a dress.
- (n.) A petticoat.
- (n.) The lower and loose part of a coat, dress, or other like garment; the part below the waist; as, the skirt of a coat, a dress, or a mantle.
- (n.) The diaphragm, or midriff, in animals.
- (n.) Border; edge; margin; extreme part of anything
- (v. t.) To cover with a skirt; to surround.
- (v. t.) To border; to form the border or edge of; to run along the edge of; as, the plain was skirted by rows of trees.