• Solace Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To take comfort; to be cheered.
- (v. t.) Rest; relaxation; ease.
- (v. t.) Comfort in grief; alleviation of grief or anxiety; also, that which relieves in distress; that which cheers or consoles; relief.
- (n.) To allay; to assuage; to soothe; as, to solace grief.
- (n.) To cheer in grief or under calamity; to comfort; to relieve in affliction, solitude, or discomfort; to console; -- applied to persons; as, to solace one with the hope of future reward.
• Solaced Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Solace