• Sore Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Criminal; wrong; evil.
- (n.) A young hawk or falcon in the first year.
- (a.) Greatly; violently; deeply.
- (n.) A young buck in the fourth year. See the Note under Buck.
- (a.) In a sore manner; with pain; grievously.
- (n.) Reddish brown; sorrel.
- (a.) Fig.: Grief; affliction; trouble; difficulty.
- (superl.) Fig.: Sensitive; tender; easily pained, grieved, or vexed; very susceptible of irritation.
- (a.) A place in an animal body where the skin and flesh are ruptured or bruised, so as to be tender or painful; a painful or diseased place, such as an ulcer or a boil.
- (superl.) Tender to the touch; susceptible of pain from pressure; inflamed; painful; -- said of the body or its parts; as, a sore hand.
- (superl.) Severe; afflictive; distressing; as, a sore disease; sore evil or calamity.
• Sorel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A young buck in the third year. See the Note under Buck.
- (n.) A yellowish or reddish brown color; sorrel.
• Sorehead Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who is disgruntled by a failure in politics, or the like.