• Stoic Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Stoical
- (n.) A disciple of the philosopher Zeno; one of a Greek sect which held that men should be free from passion, unmoved by joy or grief, and should submit without complaint to unavoidable necessity, by which all things are governed.
- (n.) Hence, a person not easily excited; an apathetic person; one who is apparently or professedly indifferent to pleasure or pain.
• Stoical Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Of or pertaining to the Stoics; resembling the Stoics or their doctrines.
- (n.) Not affected by passion; manifesting indifference to pleasure or pain.