• Stormed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Storm
• Storm Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To assault; to attack, and attempt to take, by scaling walls, forcing gates, breaches, or the like; as, to storm a fortified town.
- (n.) A heavy shower or fall, any adverse outburst of tumultuous force; violence.
- (n.) A violent assault on a fortified place; a furious attempt of troops to enter and take a fortified place by scaling the walls, forcing the gates, or the like.
- (n.) A violent agitation of human society; a civil, political, or domestic commotion; sedition, insurrection, or war; violent outbreak; clamor; tumult.
- (n.) A violent disturbance of the atmosphere, attended by wind, rain, snow, hail, or thunder and lightning; hence, often, a heavy fall of rain, snow, or hail, whether accompanied with wind or not.
- (v. i.) To rage; to be in a violent passion; to fume.
- (v. i.) To blow with violence; also, to rain, hail, snow, or the like, usually in a violent manner, or with high wind; -- used impersonally; as, it storms.
- (v. i.) To raise a tempest.