• Subordinate Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who stands in order or rank below another; -- distinguished from a principal.
- (a.) Inferior in order, nature, dignity, power, importance, or the like.
- (v. t.) To place in a lower order or class; to make or consider as of less value or importance; as, to subordinate one creature to another.
- (v. t.) To make subject; to subject or subdue; as, to subordinate the passions to reason.
- (a.) Placed in a lower order, class, or rank; holding a lower or inferior position.
• Subordinated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Subordinate