• Surplus Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which remains when use or need is satisfied, or when a limit is reached; excess; overplus.
- (n.) Specifically, an amount in the public treasury at any time greater than is required for the ordinary purposes of the government.
- (a.) Being or constituting a surplus; more than sufficient; as, surplus revenues; surplus population; surplus words.
• Surplusage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A greater disbursement than the charge of the accountant amounts to.
- (n.) Surplus; excess; overplus; as, surplusage of grain or goods beyond what is wanted.
- (n.) Matter in pleading which is not necessary or relevant to the case, and which may be rejected.