• Symmetry Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Likeness in the form and size of floral organs of the same kind; regularity.
- (n.) Equality in the number of parts of the successive circles in a flower.
- (n.) A due proportion of the several parts of a body to each other; adaptation of the form or dimensions of the several parts of a thing to each other; the union and conformity of the members of a work to the whole.
- (n.) The law of likeness; similarity of structure; regularity in form and arrangement; orderly and similar distribution of parts, such that an animal may be divided into parts which are structurally symmetrical.