Abridge Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AbridgeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make shorter; to shorten in duration; to lessen; to diminish; to curtail; as, to abridge labor; to abridge power or rights.
- (v. t.) To shorten or contract by using fewer words, yet retaining the sense; to epitomize; to condense; as, to abridge a history or dictionary.
- (v. t.) To deprive; to cut off; -- followed by of, and formerly by from; as, to abridge one of his rights.
• AbridgerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who abridges.