Abrupt Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AbruptDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Broken off; very steep, or craggy, as rocks, precipices, banks; precipitous; steep; as, abrupt places.
- (a.) Without notice to prepare the mind for the event; sudden; hasty; unceremonious.
- (a.) Having sudden transitions from one subject to another; unconnected.
- (a.) Suddenly terminating, as if cut off.
- (n.) An abrupt place.
- (v. t.) To tear off or asunder.
• AbruptionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A sudden breaking off; a violent separation of bodies.