Abstraction Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AbstractionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) The act of abstracting, separating, or withdrawing, or the state of being withdrawn; withdrawal.
- (a.) The act process of leaving out of consideration one or more properties of a complex object so as to attend to others; analysis. Thus, when the mind considers the form of a tree by itself, or the color of the leaves as separate from their size or figure, the act is called abstraction. So, also, when it considers whiteness, softness, virtue, existence, as separate from any particular objects.
- (a.) An idea or notion of an abstract, or theoretical nature; as, to fight for mere abstractions.
- (a.) A separation from worldly objects; a recluse life; as, a hermits abstraction.
- (a.) Absence or absorption of mind; inattention to present objects.
- (a.) The taking surreptitiously for ones own use part of the property of another; purloining.
- (a.) A separation of volatile parts by the act of distillation.
• AbstractionalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Pertaining to abstraction.