Adoption Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AdoptionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of adopting, or state of being adopted; voluntary acceptance of a child of other parents to be the same as ones own child.
- (n.) The choosing and making that to be ones own which originally was not so; acceptance; as, the adoption of opinions.
- (n.) Admission to a more intimate relation; reception; as, the adoption of persons into hospitals or monasteries, or of one society into another.
• AdoptionistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of a sect which maintained that Christ was the Son of God not by nature but by adoption.