Allowing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AllowingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Allow
• AllowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To sanction; to invest; to intrust.
- (v. t.) To praise; to approve of; hence, to sanction.
- (v. i.) To admit; to concede; to make allowance or abatement.
- (v. t.) To own or acknowledge; to accept as true; to concede; to accede to an opinion; as, to allow a right; to allow a claim; to allow the truth of a proposition.
- (v. t.) To grant (something) as a deduction or an addition; esp. to abate or deduct; as, to allow a sum for leakage.
- (v. t.) To grant license to; to permit; to consent to; as, to allow a son to be absent.
- (v. t.) To grant, give, admit, accord, afford, or yield; to let one have; as, to allow a servant his liberty; to allow a free passage; to allow one day for rest.
- (v. t.) To like; to be suited or pleased with.