Amounted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AmountedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Amount
• AmountDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To go up; to ascend.
- (v. t.) To signify; to amount to.
- (n.) The sum total of two or more sums or quantities; the aggregate; the whole quantity; a totality; as, the amount of 7 and 9 is 16; the amount of a bill; the amount of this years revenue.
- (n.) To rise or reach by an accumulation of particular sums or quantities; to come (to) in the aggregate or whole; -- with to or unto.
- (n.) To rise, reach, or extend in effect, substance, or influence; to be equivalent; to come practically (to); as, the testimony amounts to very little.
- (n.) The effect, substance, value, significance, or result; the sum; as, the amount of the testimony is this.