Ante Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AnteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Each players stake, which is put into the pool before (ante) the game begins.
- (v. t. & i.) To put up (an ante).
• AntecedenceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An apparent motion of a planet toward the west; retrogradation.
- (n.) The act or state of going before in time; precedence.
• Ante-Definition & Meaning in English
- () A Latin preposition and prefix; akin to Gr. anti`, Skr. anti, Goth. and-, anda- (only in comp.), AS. and-, ond-, (only in comp.: cf. Answer, Along), G. ant-, ent- (in comp.). The Latin ante is generally used in the sense of before, in regard to position, order, or time, and the Gr. anti` in that of opposite, or in the place of.