Apron Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ApronDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A flooring of plank before a dam to cause the water to make a gradual descent.
- (n.) An article of dress, of cloth, leather, or other stuff, worn on the fore part of the body, to keep the clothes clean, to defend them from injury, or as a covering. It is commonly tied at the waist by strings.
- (n.) The fat skin covering the belly of a goose or duck.
- (n.) A piece of carved timber, just above the foremost end of the keel.
- (n.) The infolded abdomen of a crab.
- (n.) A piece of leather, or other material, to be spread before a person riding on an outside seat of a vehicle, to defend him from the rain, snow, or dust; a boot.
- (n.) A leaden plate that covers the vent of a cannon.
- (n.) A platform, or flooring of plank, at the entrance of a dock, against which the dock gates are shut.
- (n.) The piece that holds the cutting tool of a planer.
- (n.) Something which by its shape or use suggests an apron;
- (n.) A strip of lead which leads the drip of a wall into a gutter; a flashing.
• ApronedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Wearing an apron.
• Apron manDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A man who wears an apron; a laboring man; a mechanic.