Towered Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ToweredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tower
- (a.) Adorned or defended by towers.
• TowerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A citadel; a fortress; hence, a defense.
- (n.) A structure appended to a larger edifice for a special purpose, as for a belfry, and then usually high in proportion to its width and to the height of the rest of the edifice; as, a church tower.
- (v. i.) To rise and overtop other objects; to be lofty or very high; hence, to soar.
- (n.) A headdress of a high or towerlike form, fashionable about the end of the seventeenth century and until 1715; also, any high headdress.
- (n.) A projection from a line of wall, as a fortification, for purposes of defense, as a flanker, either or the same height as the curtain wall or higher.
- (n.) A mass of building standing alone and insulated, usually higher than its diameter, but when of great size not always of that proportion.
- (v. t.) To soar into.
- (n.) High flight; elevation.