Array Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ArrayDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Order; a regular and imposing arrangement; disposition in regular lines; hence, order of battle; as, drawn up in battle array.
- (n.) To deck or dress; to adorn with dress; to cloth to envelop; -- applied esp. to dress of a splendid kind.
- (n.) To place or dispose in order, as troops for battle; to marshal.
- (n.) The whole body of jurors summoned to attend the court.
- (n.) To set in order, as a jury, for the trial of a cause; that is, to call them man by man.
- (n.) A ranking or setting forth in order, by the proper officer, of a jury as impaneled in a cause.
- (n.) The whole body of persons thus placed in order; an orderly collection; hence, a body of soldiers.
- (n.) An imposing series of things.
- (n.) Dress; garments disposed in order upon the person; rich or beautiful apparel.
- (n.) The panel itself.
• ArrayerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who arrays. In some early English statutes, applied to an officer who had care of the soldiers armor, and who saw them duly accoutered.