Articled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ArticledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Bound by articles; apprenticed; as, an articled clerk.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Article
• ArticleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Subject; matter; concern; distinct.
- (n.) One of the segments of an articulated appendage.
- (v. i.) To agree by articles; to stipulate; to bargain; to covenant.
- (n.) A particular one of various things; as, an article of merchandise; salt is a necessary article.
- (n.) A distinct part.
- (n.) Precise point of time; moment.
- (n.) To formulate in articles; to set forth in distinct particulars.
- (n.) A distinct portion of an instrument, discourse, literary work, or any other writing, consisting of two or more particulars, or treating of various topics; as, an article in the Constitution. Hence: A clause in a contract, system of regulations, treaty, or the like; a term, condition, or stipulation in a contract; a concise statement; as, articles of agreement.
- (n.) A literary composition, forming an independent portion of a magazine, newspaper, or cyclopedia.
- (n.) One of the three words, a, an, the, used before nouns to limit or define their application. A (or an) is called the indefinite article, the the definite article.
- (n.) To accuse or charge by an exhibition of articles.
- (n.) To bind by articles of covenant or stipulation; as, to article an apprentice to a mechanic.