Assert Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AssertDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To maintain; to defend.
- (v. t.) To maintain or defend, as a cause or a claim, by words or measures; to vindicate a claim or title to; as, to assert our rights and liberties.
- (v. t.) To affirm; to declare with assurance, or plainly and strongly; to state positively; to aver; to asseverate.
• AssertionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of asserting, or that which is asserted; positive declaration or averment; affirmation; statement asserted; position advanced.
- (n.) Maintenance; vindication; as, the assertion of ones rights or prerogatives.