Ax Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AxDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t. & i.) To ask; to inquire or inquire of.
- (n.) Alt. of Axe
• AxemanDefinition & Meaning in English
- () See Ax, Axman.
• AxeDefinition & Meaning in English
- () Alt. of Axeman
- (n.) A tool or instrument of steel, or of iron with a steel edge or blade, for felling trees, chopping and splitting wood, hewing timber, etc. It is wielded by a wooden helve or handle, so fixed in a socket or eye as to be in the same plane with the blade. The broadax, or carpenters ax, is an ax for hewing timber, made heavier than the chopping ax, and with a broader and thinner blade and a shorter handle.