Bankrupt Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BankruptDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Being a bankrupt or in a condition of bankruptcy; unable to pay, or legally discharged from paying, ones debts; as, a bankrupt merchant.
- (n.) A trader who becomes unable to pay his debts; an insolvent trader; popularly, any person who is unable to pay his debts; an insolvent person.
- (n.) A trader who secretes himself, or does certain other acts tending to defraud his creditors.
- (a.) Depleted of money; not having the means of meeting pecuniary liabilities; as, a bankrupt treasury.
- (v. t.) To make bankrupt; to bring financial ruin upon; to impoverish.
- (a.) Destitute of, or wholly wanting (something once possessed, or something one should possess).
- (a.) Relating to bankrupts and bankruptcy.
- (n.) A person who, in accordance with the terms of a law relating to bankruptcy, has been judicially declared to be unable to meet his liabilities.
• BankruptedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bankrupt