Bare Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BareDefinition & Meaning in English
- () Bore; the old preterit of Bear, v.
- (a.) Mere; alone; unaccompanied by anything else; as, a bare majority.
- (a.) To strip off the covering of; to make bare; as, to bare the breast.
- (n.) That part of a roofing slate, shingle, tile, or metal plate, which is exposed to the weather.
- (a.) Destitute; indigent; empty; unfurnished or scantily furnished; -- used with of (rarely with in) before the thing wanting or taken away; as, a room bare of furniture.
- (a.) Plain; simple; unadorned; without polish; bald; meager.
- (a.) Threadbare; much worn.
- (a.) Without anything to cover up or conceal ones thoughts or actions; open to view; exposed.
- (a.) With head uncovered; bareheaded.
- (n.) Surface; body; substance.
- (a.) Without clothes or covering; stripped of the usual covering; naked; as, his body is bare; the trees are bare.
- () of Bear
• BaredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bare
• BareboneDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A very lean person; one whose bones show through the skin.