Barrow Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BarrowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A hog, esp. a male hog castrated.
- (n.) A wicker case, in which salt is put to drain.
- (n.) A large mound of earth or stones over the remains of the dead; a tumulus.
- (n.) A support having handles, and with or without a wheel, on which heavy or bulky things can be transported by hand. See Handbarrow, and Wheelbarrow.
- (n.) A heap of rubbish, attle, etc.
• BarrowistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A follower of Henry Barrowe, one of the founders of Independency or Congregationalism in England. Barrowe was executed for nonconformity in 1953.