Before Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BeforeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In time past; previously; already.
- (prep.) In presence or sight of; face to face with; facing.
- (adv.) In advance.
- (prep.) Prior or preceding in dignity, order, rank, right, or worth; rather than.
- (prep.) An advance of; farther onward, in place or time.
- (prep.) Preceding in time; earlier than; previously to; anterior to the time when; -- sometimes with the additional idea of purpose; in order that.
- (adv.) On the fore part; in front, or in the direction of the front; -- opposed to in the rear.
- (prep.) Open for; free of access to; in the power of.
- (adv.) Earlier; sooner than; until then.
- (prep.) In front of; preceding in space; ahead of; as, to stand before the fire; before the house.
- (prep.) Under the cognizance or jurisdiction of.
• BeforehandDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) By way of preparation, or preliminary; previously; aforetime.
- (adv.) In a state of anticipation ore preoccupation; in advance; -- often followed by with.
- (a.) In comfortable circumstances as regards property; forehanded.